Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Botteling Peaches!!!!



Well as you can see I have a new hobbie!! Holy crap who knew that canning could be fun. Well as you can see last saturday Travis and I started to bottle peaches. We got alot of them from our neighbor's down the street from us the Hunsakers. Then Aunt Nancy had a neighbor that wasn't going to pick there peaches so we went and picked alot of there peaches as well. I couldn't believe just how long it took us to do the peaches. We started right after we got home from Austin's soccer game which was about 12:30 or so. Then Travis mom and dad came over about 2:00 or 3:00 and helped. When we finally got done we had 105 quart bottles of peaches!! Holy crap that is alot. We also did about a case and a half of peach jam. If you have ever been over to my house my kitchen table was filled, the counter by the sink was full and so was the island. These pictures show most of the peaches that we bottled that day. It was crazy. My mother in law Val took some home to cook on her stove because she can do 4 pots at one time on her's. So we were cooking at both houses to get them done quicker. It still took us untill about 11:30 saturday night untill we finished. I think what was fun is to see my kids helping out. Expecially Kayson. Austin tried it for a little while and so did Kenzie. At least they tried it for awhile thats all I can ask for.

Well not to mention that the week before this we had done 60 bottles of peaches that my mother in law Val had. We also did about 40 or so quart bottles of tomatoes for my Brother in law Justin and his wife Lisa. You can say that we have been a bit busy at our house.


Some other things that I tried to bottle this year was carrots and beans that we got from our garden. Grandma Willie gave me her recipie for her Dilly Beans. So I tried to do them and they of course do not look as good as her's but hey at least I tried. I have yet to try them to see if they are any good.

I am wanting to still try to do pears if I can find anyone out there that has some and I also want to try and do some applesause.

Well if I do anything else exciting I will let you know, but this for now is all the excitement in our house.

No comments: